I’m going to spend this weekend gutting my kitchen. There will be power tools involved, but I figured I should have a playlist for those times when the saws aren’t running.
I had three rules when coming up with this playlist:
1. Every song needs to be something that my crew of deconstruction volunteers will like. That means no rap.
2. Every song needs to be upbeat enough to rip a cabinet off a wall to, but not so frenetic that you exhaust yourself. Pacing is key.
3. Only one song per artist (otherwise this would probably just end up being a Credence playlist.)
Here’s what I came up with. (When this playlist is over we’ll probably just play Credence albums on repeat.)
1. Green River – Credence Clearwater Revival
2. Inside Out – The Traveling Wilburys
3. Hard on Things – Howe Gelb
4. Work, Work, Work – Lee Dorsey
5. Strict Time – Elvis Costello
6. Hang On – Dr. Dog
7. Workin’ For the Music Man – Daniel Romano
8. Some Things Never Change – Timmy the Teeth
9. How Many More Years – Howlin’ Wolf
10. 0.0.7 (Shanty Town) – Desmond Dekker