I’m writing this on Monday, March 13—the first workday after springing forward.
All in all, I’m happy about the time change and having more daylight in the evening. But the delayed sunrise sure does make it tough to get up and go in the morning.
Here are a few of the songs that help me start my day.
1. Black Coffee – Ray Charles
2. Gotta Get Up – Harry Nilsson
3. Bald Headed Woman – The Kinks
4. Breakfast in bed – Dusty Springfield
5. Coffee in the Morning – The Stolen Sweets
6. Black coffee in bed – Squeeze
7. Funky Mama – Lou Donaldson
8. I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl – Nina Simone
9. First in Flight – Blackalicious
10. Get Up and Go – Jason Lytle