2016 wasn’t exactly the year of love and kindness.
2017 is off to a pretty rough start in that regard too.
I think maybe we could use a reset—or at least a quick break—and the week of Valentine’s Day seems like a pretty good time for it.
Whether you’re a Democrat, Republican, Trump supporter, or one of the disillusioned people in between, this playlist is my Valentine to you. I hope it brings you a little joy today.
1. Smile – David Byrne
2. The Best Things in Life Are Free – Sam Cooke
3. Be Mine – Alabama Shakes
4. Junie – Solange
5. Domino – Van Morrision
6. The Glory of Love – Nina Simone
7. Uh-huh – Sinkane
8. We Can Make It – George Jones
9. All You Need is Love – The Beatles
10. Enjoy Yourself (It’s Later Than You Think) – The Specials